Published on: August 4, 2013
The new iOS 7 is amazing, I love the new features and gestures. The only issue is battery life. If you experience a battery draining issue, here’s a couple tips how to extend battery life.
Disable all System Services
I’ve noticed that the iOS 7 is trying to determine my location all the time so I’ve disabled the following settings and the battery lasts for a lot longer:
1. Go to “Settings” from your homescreen and then go to “Privacy”.
2. Tap on the “Location Services”.
3. Scroll down a bit and disable the apple Weather, then scroll down a bit more and tap on the “System Services”.
4. Disable all the options in the “System Services”.
Disable Background App Refresh
It means that apps are continuously running in the background and wasting the battery.
1. Go to “Settings” from your homescreen and then go to “General”.
2. Go to “Background App Refresh”.
3. Switch off the “Background App Refresh” feature.
Disable Bluetooth and dim the screen brightness
Make sure your Bluetooth is disabled and your screen brightness is not set to 100%.
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the Control Centre. Adjust the Brightness and tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it off.